To get a head’s up on the basics, I would highly recommend you to read basics of ayurveda first. Now let’s focus on understanding more on Pitta dosha and how to balance it. Pitta constitutes primarily of Water and Fire. Governs digestion, absorption, assimilation and metabolism. If you are experiencing skin inflammations, heartburn, premature graying, heartburn, baldness, irritability, visual problems or excessive heat then you are having Pitta imbalance. Below are few basic ayurvedic suggestions to balance Pitta Dosha that you can easily incorporate in your life.
Actions to take
- Foods that are sweet, bitter and astringent.
- Combination of whole, freshly cooked foods and fresh, raw foods.
- Most beans can be taken.
- Cooling herbs and spices like coriander, cilantro, fennel and cardamom
- Take diary at least an hour before or after other food.
- A moderate amount of high-quality olive, sunflower and coconut oil and ghee in your daily diet.
- Mindful eating on time with no distractions
- Moderate exercises are recommended for at least 45 min.
- Warming or hot foods.
- Highly processed or fried foods
- Eating fresh fruit or drinking fruit juice within ½ hour of any other food.
- Alcohol, caffeine, nicotine.
However, we can also have combination doshas as well like the Pitta-Vatta, Kapha, Pitta or Vata-Kapha type individuals. Such people should take combined approach and adopt diet suitable to both body types. Having Tridosha or all 3 doshas in balance are quite rare and are the ones who lead harmonious life, healthy and emotionally stable. Hope you found these basic ayurvedic suggestions to balance Pitta dosha easy to follow. If you did like to know more, please check out the referenced sites below
Balancing Pitta Dosha – BanyanBotanicals.com
The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.