Recent studies show that the anti-aging products market globally is estimated at $52.5 billion. While there is a huge array of anti aging commercial products, I am very skeptical of experimenting. I would always prefer natural and organic sourcing. I believe anti-aging is not limited to what you apply to your skin, it’s about the complete nutrition you give your body and at the same time how you cope with stress and your overall well being. Thanks to Ayurveda, ancient timeless wisdom offers effective anti-aging solutions for both body and mind which are completely natural. As the Vata constituency increases in the body during old age which indicates more space and air, we need to balance primarily the vata dosha. Here are 18 best Ayurveda tips for Anti-aging.
- Abhyanga is the most popular self massaging routine using sesame oil or other herbal oils, which can be included in your daily routine. This massage pacifies the doshas and nourishes the entire system. Focus on foot massage, this helps in grounding.
- Take 6-8 glasses of water every day to keep hydrated.
- Focus on eating anti-inflammatory foods like iron rich greens and leafy vegetables.
- Use Omega 3 fatty acids rich foods like flax seeds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and olive oil.
- Amalika – Raw Amla powder is an excellent remedy for detoxification, healthy circulation and anti inflammatory benefits that prevent cellular oxidative damage and lipid peroxidation.
- Haritaki Power is a Vata balancing herb. Promotes good digestive health, detoxification and healthy skin.
- Ashwagandha is rich in antioxidants and helps in alleviating stress.
- Add ghee to your diet. Ghee is heart healthy and anti-inflammatory.
- Switch to Aloe vera and coconut oil for moisturizing your skin. Coconut oil contains antibacterial and antifungal properties that is widely used as a base in most moisturizers.
- Turmeric is a powerful antioxidant and has anti inflammatory, antibiotic properties. Promotes circulation and prevents inflammation especially for Arthritis. Protects liver and strengthens the immune system.
- Green tea is also powerful antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory properties. Prevents Cardiovascular diseases, prevents type 2 diabetes, prevents cancer and helps loose weight.
- Rhodiola is a powerful adaptogen widely used by Russian athletes to increases body’s resistance to stress.
- Ginko Biloba is powerful antioxidant used in traditional Chinese medicine. It prevents inflammation, improves circulation, prevents macular degeneration, and cognitive decline.
- Bring meditation to life for peace and overall well being.
- Practice yoga, walking and light exercises every day.
- Connecting with family and friends will bring joy.
- Learn new things like painting or gardening, something new to keep you motivated.
- Sleep early and get at-least 7-8 hours of quality sleep. If you have sleep problems, check the article 24 Proven ways to sleep better and Guided relaxation to sleep better.
Hope you found these Ayurvedic tips for anti-aging simple and easy to follow.
The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
You can also watch this on Youtube channel TLVTALKS. Please subscribe to support the channel.
Credit: Photos/Videos by Pexels & Pixabay