A Healthy lifestyle includes a healthy diet & exercise routine, a healthy work life balance and happy and positive relationships. And Any of these are out of balance, it takes a toll on our health. In my last article we learnt how powerful our mind is and how we can heal our body through our mind. Should we not leverage power of mind in cultivating a healthy lifestyle? To make a shift to choose a healthy lifestyle, we need to make wise choices in our daily activities that will make our life balanced and healthy. Absolutely, here are top 10 powerful ways to a healthy lifestyle that you may incorporate in your daily life to feel more vibrant and alive. And you probably know all of it, my intention today is to ask you to set personal goals actively and commit each day to make it a strong healthy habit.
Let’s dive in.
- Be optimistic and boost your immunity. A series of studies, then, have demonstrated that optimism has positive effects on cellular immunity than people having negative mindset. Positive mindset lets you be more stress resilient. Hence better health, better immunity. You gotta be consciously vigilant not let any negative emotion enter your conscious. We all go through stressful situations, recognize them and choose to respond that leads to expansion and growth. Do not let it control you and drag you down. This helps in boosting your immunity and keeping disease at bay. Well ever since I realized this truth, I am super vigilant and I don’t let myself get bogged down easily, I bounce back. We should all aim to do this consciously reprogramming ourselves. It’s totally possible, if you set your mind on it you can achieve it.
- Live in the present moment. Past is over and you cannot change any of it. However you can change your present by wise choices that will decide your future. So please Start living in the now. There is nothing more valuable than being fully in the present moment. More you set it as your personal goal, it will be more pronounced and activated in your lifestyle.
- A 30 min daily walk or workout routine. It will increase your energy levels and prana life force in your body. This is super vital for our very own health and keeping us disease free.
- 10 min of daily sunshine. Exposure to sunshine elevates your mood. It increases the brain’s release of a hormone called serotonin. Serotonin is associated with boosting mood and helping a person feel calm and focused.
- Laughter is the best known medicine for a happy life. It triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Research shows laughter triggers endorphins that promote an overall sense of well-being, stress buster, boost immunity and also temporarily relieves pain. Next time whenever you don’t get stuff your way just remember to add some humor to lighten up the atmosphere.
- Inner guidance with Meditation – Take time to pause every day and be with yourself, meditate and seek answers to your questions and problems. Practice this inner guidance daily, strengthen the connection, and this is what you will cherish for your entire life. If you start your day with meditation, it gives you mental clarity to focus better at work and you will enjoy a productive day without being derailed with distractions.
- Volunteer for a cause. Every once in a while show your kindness, helping others or volunteering for non profit or NGO or any cause you may like. Your service no matter how small in cash or kind makes a difference in other people’s lives and that is all that matters. It not only adds to your good karma, gives you inner peace, fills you with humility and gratitude. If you are already doing, please share your experience in the comments below. Urge you all to contribute for the greater good. It’s an earnest request to include into your life if you haven’t thought of it.
- Practice forgiveness. Studies have shown people who forgive have better mental health. This might be hard for some, but I would still emphasize forgiving. It releases the pain and clears the block of hatred you may have created in your consciousness, which is affecting only you. This does more harm to you, requesting all brothers and sisters if you are listening take ownership of your emotions and your health. Let Karma settle accounts, you don’t have to burden your consciousness with it. Keep your consciousness clean, free from all clutter.
9. Sleep better with prayer and write in your gratitude journal. This is a proven technique. Many people having busy fast lives experience trouble sleeping, I would highly encourage you to maintain a gratitude journal. A prayerful attitude, expressing gratitude to all what you have received in writing is a beautiful way to connect to your Soul. This humble attitude sets the tone of you being connected with your inner Self. Redirecting the focus from the unwanted thoughts bothering your mind to the gratitude in the heart will leave you feeling more peaceful and balanced. Try it and comment down your experience.
10. Enjoy a gadget free day with your family and friends. How many of you vote for spending time on laptop vs Spending time with family and friends? If you are thinking what I am thinking just get away from gadgets, cook a meal, call on your friends and family and enjoy your time !!
Hope you liked the article. You can also watch it on my YouTube Channel TLV TALKS or here below.